Chandler knows the Mavericks cant afford to lose their

Annonces concernant le site Web, le forum et les Sorcières du Fjord en général.
Dogcat250
Grand maître
Années d'expérience : 1

Chandler knows the Mavericks cant afford to lose their

Message non lupar Dogcat250 » 13 juil. 2019, 02:52

MINNEAPOLIS - Dallas led lowly Minnesota by 23 points midway through the fourth quarter, and there was 33-year-old centre Tyson Chandler, diving to the floor like it was Game 7 of the NBA Finals.He tipped it toward youngster Dwight Powell, but when he couldnt come up with it in a scrum, Chandler barked at him to never let up. Against Minnesota or Memphis, in January or June, Chandler knows the Mavericks cant afford to lose their edge.Chandler Parsons scored 22 points, and the Mavericks hit 11 3-pointers while cruising to a 98-75 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday night.You know how important these games are, Chandler said. Not even just for the wins, which theyre important about, but also building team chemistry and continuing to grow as a unit.Dirk Nowitzki had 16 points and nine rebounds in 26 minutes for the Mavericks (30-13), who crept in front of idle Houston (29-13) for sole possession of fourth place in the demanding Western Conference. Parsons hit 9 of 13 shots.The world were living in here in the West, this is advance citizenship, Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. Youve got to want it bad to win games every night. Thats where were at, and weve got to have a laser-like focus on that.Andrew Wiggins had 18 points for the Timberwolves (7-34), who tied a franchise mark for worst record halfway through the season. Nikola Pekovic scored 14 points in 23 minutes in his return from a 31-game absence for a right ankle injury.The Mavericks shot 51 per cent and held the Wolves to 35 per cent shooting.Dallas only had two players score in double figures, but that was all it needed against the overmatched Timberwolves.They are an offensive juggernaut, Wolves coach Flip Saunders said.Parsons has tangential ties to Minnesota. Houston drafted him with a pick it bought from the Wolves in 2011, and Parsons emergence as a star is one of many opportunities this struggling franchise has missed in the last decade of futility.The Mavericks lured Parsons away with a three-year, $45 million deal in the off-season, and he hit eight of his first nine shots, including all three of his 3-pointers, while helping Dallas to a 21-point lead in the second quarter.J.J. Barea had 10 assists, and the Mavericks passed circles around Minnesotas inept defence to get open shot after open shot.Pekovic was sidelined with chronic pain in his ankle in November and spent the next two months consulting with doctors at the Mayo Clinic in hopes of finding a treatment for an injury that has plagued him for much of his career. But he was sharp in his return, going 5 for 11 with four rebounds.Im not really able to do what I really can do, Pekovic said. But still, it was OK for the first game. I didnt die over there.Thaddeus Young had 14 points, 11 rebounds and six assists for Minnesota.TIP-INSMavericks: Carlisle on Cavs F Shawn Marion, who told The Arizona Republic that he plans to retire after this season: Hell go down as one of the most underrated players in history if you look at his statistics and you look at his success in terms of winning. Hes a great player. Marion spent five seasons in Dallas and won a championship there.Timberwolves: Saunders said before the game that PG Ricky Rubios left ankle injury, which has kept him out for nearly 11 weeks, was far worse than just a high ankle sprain. Rubio participated in contact drills for the first time on Tuesday and is pushing to return to action. But Saunders said he also suffered ligament and muscle damage that is prolonging the process. ... Wiggins accepted his Western Conference Rookie of the Month award for the month of December prior to the game. He has won the award in each of the first two months.ROAD WARRIORSThe Mavericks improved to 16-7 on the road. The Hawks are the only team in the league with more road wins with 17. The Mavericks are 14-6 in Dallas.We have a veteran team. No crowd is going to get in our head or make us play out of character, Parsons said. I dont understand how we dont play better at home. We have a great crowd, and we need to start protecting our home court.UP NEXTMavericks: Host Chicago on Friday.Timberwolves: Host New Orleans on Friday. DeMarcus Ware Womens Jersey . Mired in an offensive slump, Lowry - the NBAs leader in taking charges this season - did what he has learned to do best, standing his ground and drawing a crucial offensive foul on the Cavaliers all-star point guard. Fast forward 30 seconds to the Cavs next possession, with the home team still trailing by three, Spencer Hawes - one of the leagues best passing big men - threw an interception, intended for Tyler Zeller and picked off by DeMar DeRozan. Brian Dawkins Jersey . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Customized/ . -- Its been 21 years since Joe Gibbs Racing celebrated its only Daytona 500 victory. Von Miller Youth Jersey . Others describe it as taking the parrot for a walk. Royce Freeman Jersey . - Rookie Tesho Akindele scored three goals and Fabian Castillo added two in FC Dallas 5-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday night.SAN FRANCISCO - Patrick Willis so hoped he would be able to withstand the pain in his troublesome toe and play on this season, and ultimately help lead the San Francisco 49ers to another playoff run.Instead, Willis will miss the remainder of the season and require surgery for a strained muscle in his left big toe. He was placed on the season-ending injured reserve list Tuesday after getting hurt in the third quarter at St. Louis on Oct. 13.Its very frustrating, Willis said. My teammates mean everything to me and I want to be out there experiencing all the good times and all the rough times with them.A Pro Bowler in his first seven NFL seasons, Willis had missed six games in his career before this latest injury sidelined him for the final 10 games of 2014 for San Francisco (5-4). He had 34 tackles and an interception this season for the Niners.Willis is a captain and leader of a 49ers team that has reached the NFC championship game in each of the past three seasons.We havent lost him in the locker room, linebacker Michael Wilhoite said. Were still all together here. It hurts but at same time we need to keep going out and win games.Willis had hoped the injury wasnt so serious to sideline him long term. He missed practice last week after returning in a limited role the previous week.This is something I have been dealing with for a long time now, Willis said. I want to get it done so I can get back to rehabbing and get back to form.Willis indicated his toe has been bothering him for several years and that he continued to play as long as he could stand the pain.I always think I can do more than Im supposed to and tried to compensate, Willis said. Sometimes guys are hurting, and hurting bad, and still go out and play. You could say I should have done this earlier, before I hurt it worse against the Rams.After resting through the Oct. 26 bye, Willis was back as part off the 49ers full active squad on the field for the start of practice Oct.dddddddddddd 29, but he had been limited primarily to individual work.I felt, maybe just give it a couple of weeks but it just didnt get better, Willis said. I feel like I have five or six years left in my body so I have to think about the big picture. I promise you when I come back I will be bigger and better than I was.This is a big loss to one of the NFLs leading defences, though the 49ers are expected to have Aldon Smith back Sunday on the road against the New York Giants.Hopefully I can get in there and play as much as I have, Smith said. I want to stay strong, keep my eyes on the prize and Im ready to do that.Smith is set to begin practicing this week after serving his nine-game suspension by the NFL for violations of the leagues substance-abuse and personal-conduct policies.I did everything that was necessary, Smith said. Ive learned a lot and ready to move forward.In addition, 2013 All-Pro NaVorro Bowman could be cleared to begin practice this week, opening a 21-day window for the team to activate him or place him on IR.Bowman is recovering from surgery on his left knee after he tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in a devastating injury in the NFC championship game loss at Seattle last January.Rookie Chris Borland has filled in for Willis and been spectacular, recording 18 tackles in a loss to the Rams two weeks ago then 17 more tackles in an overtime win at New Orleans on Sunday.Im truly proud of the way hes playing, Willis said. Hes gone out and held down that position.The NFL Network first reported Willis would need toe surgery.The Niners signed running back Alfonso Smith to replace Willis on the roster and added linebacker Shayne Skov to the practice squad.___AP freelancer Rick Eymer in Santa Clara, California, contributed to this report. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Retourner vers « Annonces »